mexican cauliflower rice keto

Thankfully, there are plenty of easy swaps that can take care of your cravings without the need to miss out on all the goodness. It’s packed with nutrients including potassium, vitamin B6, fiber, and vitamin C. Plus, cauli rice is light on calories, low carb, paleo friendly, and a great … As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. If using fresh produce, dice 1 cup of tomatoes, ½ of a small onion, and 2 green chili … Set aside. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe On my site you’ll find keto tips, tricks and resources as well as easy keto recipes to satisfy your cravings and keep you on track! If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator. Removing excess moisture – to remove the excess moisture from the “rice” simply give it a squeeze with your hands or wrap it up in a clean tea towel and squeeze. Trader Joe’s was the first grocery store I saw to carry cauliflower rice and actually finding it in stores was like locating the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail (cue the Indiana Jones theme music!). Diced onion, bell pepper and garlic create the flavor base for this easy dish. Especially if you’ve been struggling to make cauliflower rice a part of your diet, you NEED to try this recipe! This was so good, I made it into healthier burrito bowls with some taco ranch chicken I did in the Crock-Pot! We can’t provide this information as your cooking style will vary from ours as well as the brand ingredients you choose to use. Cauliflower has been increasingly popular, even outside of keto circles as a rice replacement for people who are generally trying to eat healthier. Mexican Cauliflower Rice makes a fantastic alternative to rice and comes in at only 83 calories per serving. Naturally low carb, paleo and whole30 too! Just look at the Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl or the Cheese Shell Taco Cups. This simple, keto, low carb mexican cauliflower rice is easy to make and ready in 10 minutes! keto mexican cauliflower rice, low carb mexican cauliflower rice. Loved this ♥️ I put all the ingredients for the bread part into my mixer instead of doing the melted cheese thing. Sauteing the onion, garlic and jalapeno in the oil, then sweating the spices with the onion, garlic and jalapeno , along with some fajita spice (recipe at Genius kitchen), then I added the riced cauliflower and bouillon rather than broth. When the paleo diet started to take off, I saw a recipe for cauliflower rice and gave it a try. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cook until the mixture begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Yeah, don’t do what I did the first time I tried this method many moons ago and set the blender on high and walk away. Learn how your comment data is processed. This Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a healthy and Low Carb alternative to rice. Heat the oil in a 10″ or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cauliflower Rice Obsession… What is not to love about Mexican Cauliflower Rice? If so, use that! Add the olive oil … You might find that one cup is more than you need, especially if you’re pairing this dish more satisfying goodness. When oil is hot, add the onion and jalapeno and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. This Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a savory side dish to complement any low carb Mexican dish. Mexican Monday, Taco Tuesday or Fiesta Friday, I am HERE for Mexican … Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice {Paleo, Whole30, Keto} Whole 30 Nut Free This Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice is packed with veggies, protein, and lots of flavor and spice! You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. Cauliflower and tomatoes are on the higher end of carb counts for vegetables that keto followers generally find acceptable. Add in the cumin, paprika, lime juice and cayenne. Food Processor – same idea as above with the blender. Let’s chat specifics on how to make this Mexican Cauliflower Rice! The original recipe calls for olive oil, but you could also use avocado oil, ghee, or grass-fed butter, depending on your paleo fat of choice. Continue to cook until the cauliflower becomes tender but not mushy. Yummmmmm! Season with salt to taste and top with any desired toppings before serving. Great recipe! Add riced cauliflower to pan. Using cauliflower rice in place of rice is a great substitute for rice. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. https://www.thatslowcarb.com/low-carb-mexican-cauli-rice-casserole-recipe If you have a fancy food processor it may have even come with a ricer attachment. MEET US >. I covered and stirred occasionally, until tender and all liquids were evaporated. To get a specific serving size you’ll want to weigh the final dish then divide by the number of servings. Sprinkle salt and chili powder over cauliflower and gently fold into broth until coated and red. SO GOOD!!!! Then … It might not be your favorite, but it is a low carb vegetable with plenty of nutrients to fill you up and make you feel good. I did the same thing and it came out pretty good. This website is for informational and educational purposes only. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add cauliflower, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and white pepper. Push to the side and add in eggs, Stir and cook eggs through. It is the perfect base for any Mexican dish or wonderful on its own topped with salsa and avocado. Made with tomatoes, onions, peppers, and spices, you're going to love this healthy dish! I made this for fajita night. Add in the cauliflower rice, salt and chopped tomatoes, cover with a lid and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cauliflower rice has begun to soften in texture. Made this tonight with the chicken enchiladas recipe! The keto-friendly option contains 6 grams of carbs per 4.5-oz serving. But the upside of the blandness is how easy it is to customize the flavors and really make it your own. This Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice is so easy to make and full of flavour. Turned out so so good and still had a little bit of a crunch (not mushy and yucky. 4 cups fresh riced cauliflower (about 1 medium head). Making this tonight topped with carnitas. One tip to lower the carb count is to just bring down the serving size. ★☆. Stir in the chopped cilantro just before serving. But most foods that you would either order at a Mexican restaurant, or prepare at home without a low-carb diet contain more of the carby, non-keto friendly ingredients like flour, corn, and beans. Once hot add in the onion and garlic, cooking 1 minute just until starting to soften. You can use frozen cauliflower, but you may need to reduce the amount of broth. My Cauliflower Mexican Rice … I found this recipe bland as written. The last method to reheat your low-carb Mexican cauliflower rice is on the stovetop. This low fat, low calorie, low carb, and dairy free side … This recipe goes great with any Mexican inspired dinner. I ended up using the prep method I would use for my traditional Mexican rice. It’s a really healthy side dish that would be perfect with some grilled chicken or fish. Nutrition info does not include optional toppings. Required fields are marked *. Mexican Cauliflower Mash is made with oven-roasted cauliflower blended with sour cream, cilantro and pico de gallo. Total Time: 20 minutes Cauliflower rice and Mexican seasonings transform plain cauliflower rice into a savory keto Mexican rice. Ingredients for the Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice. I’ve made very clear my love for Mexican food. In skillet, over medium heat, add coconut oil and tomato paste. Cook and stir until salsa is mostly reduced, 8 to 10 minutes more. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Heat the oil in a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. I’m new to keto. I started off by dropping a whole head of cauliflower in a blender and ended up making more of a puree than anything resembling rice. Add garlic to pan and sir for 30 seconds, then pour in chicken broth. Nutritional Information: 460 … Turning this easy dish into a low … Here are some of our go-to’s: Refrigerator – store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. In skillet, over medium heat, add coconut oil and tomato paste. There are a few ways to make cauliflower rice at home: Blender – did you see my mention of using a blender above and how I made mashed cauliflower instead of cauliflower rice? As one of my favorite authors, Mark Twain, once said, “A cauliflower is nothing but a cabbage with a college education.” I’m not sure what that means, but I also love cabbage, and there are just too many nutritional benefits of cauliflower to be ignored. This is by far the easiest way to have cauliflower rice on hand and our go-to for every recipe you’ll find on Cast Iron Keto that uses cauliflower rice. I agree, cauliflower can take some getting used to…and it’s generally pretty plain. With just a few simple ingredients, and one skillet you can turn plain riced cauliflower into a steaming, savory, crowd-pleasing keto side dish. Yes, keto Mexican cauliflower rice is healthy! This quick and easy Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice is only 5 ingredients and will please the whole family! That equates to about 4 to 4 1/2 cups of cauliflower rice. Turn off heat and fold in cilantro. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional before starting a new diet or health program. Dump that out into a bowl and repeat with your remaining cauliflower. Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Lime, cilantro, tomatoes and jalapeño peppers offer bold flavor to this Keto friendly side dish! This keto version of Mexican rice is made with cauliflower and is packed with tomato flavor. Tag @heyketomama on Instagram and hashtag it #heyketomama. Melt ghee in a large skillet over high heat, add riced cauliflower and shredded chicken breast. It’s topped with an easy guacamole … https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/low-carb-one-pot-mexican-cauliflower-rice Mexican Cauliflower Rice with Traditional Flavors. Now, cauliflower rice is available both frozen and fresh in just about every grocery store across America. Easy Keto Recipes For a Low Carb Lifestyle | Cutting Carbs, Striking Out Sugar. Vegetarian. This has made me a believer! Serve with diced tomatoes, sour cream, and additional cilantro, if desired. The ingredient list for this keto cauliflower rice recipe is short and sweet! If you don’t have already riced cauliflower on hand you can easily make your own. Once hot add in the onion and … So yummy!! An easy and Whole 30 low carb Mexican … Add in the cauliflower rice, stir to combine and cook another 3-5 minutes until most of the moisture has evaporated. This is the best! Add onion, garlic, carrots, peas and ginger. Cast Iron Keto is a resource for folks who want to live their best life through low-carb, high-fat recipes that fuel epic adventures! Using a box grate is simple, just use the large hole side and grate the cauliflower over a bowl. Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice And Chicken Pin Avoiding the high carbohydrates that are in rice can be a challenge will doing a keto diet. I added some more almond flour as the dough was a bit too wet. Welcome to Hey Keto Mama! It was amazing and just what I needed to curb my Mexican cravings! I am not a Registered Dietitian, certified fitness instructor, doctor, or health professional. Total Carbs: 11g The only ingredients in this cauliflower rice keto/paleo is cauliflower, oil, salt, and pepper. ★☆ There’s no need to thaw the rice, just add it straight to the skillet and cook while breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon. Start by grating a head of cauliflower with a box grater or food processor. Heat a large skillet (10-12 in. Fiber: 4g ★☆ All nutritional information is estimated using an online program, it is the user’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of this information. I didn’t have fresh cauliflower on hand, so I used the frozen already riced kind and it worked very well. Continue cooking cauliflower until most moisture in the pan has evaporated and cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes. This way the rice is heated more slowly (like the oven option) and won’t dry it out or make it tough. Here’s the nutrition info for a one cup serving: Calories: 117 Please consult a doctor or trained professional for specific weight, health, fitness, or mental health counseling. This easy Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a great low carb side dish that goes great with any fiesta themed meal! Going Keto and inherently grain-free could close a lot of doors in the way of variety, so in my opinion cauliflower rice is golden. Add in the spices and cook, stirring, another 15-30 seconds until fragrant. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand’s ingredients may have different values. Reheat on the stovetop until fluffy. Cauliflower is also super nutritious. My first attempt at any cauliflower rice. #KETO CREAMED SPINACH - and the best you'll ever h, After spending close to $700 at the vet this morni, Holiday staple for sure! While it may be a bit of a mess, you’ll have fluffy cauliflower rice in no time. *Nutritional information does not include optional toppings. I’m Sam, a lover of the kitchen and everything low carb. Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous vegetable family’s along with broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage. After 18 months the food was getting boring. so that there's room to mix the rice) to medium-high. Add salsa. As coconut oil melts, gently mix with tomato paste. It’s super tasty. In my opinion, it’s one of the best cuisines available because it’s usually pretty quick to make, extremely flavorful, and satisfying. No, you’ll want to work a little at a time, about 2 cups of florets and pulse the blender in short bursts until you have what resembles rice. DELICIOUS. Net Carbs: 7g This rice is fantastic!! My blog posts are my thoughts, experiences, and successes and may not be recommended for all people. Fill the bowl of the food processor about 3/4 of the way full. PIN Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice. Once hot add in the onion and garlic, cooking 1 minute just until starting to soften. This is especially the case if it was a staple in your diet prior to doing keto. Add onion and jalapeno to pan. We then had a delicious rice substitute. ★☆ Mexican Cauliflower Rice Mexican rice, also known as Spanish rice, is a Mexican side dish that combines white rice with tomato, garlic and onions, sautéing it all in oil or fat. Heat the oil in a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. ★☆ I hate to sound spoiled by modern conveniences, but what would we do without cauliflower rice? These #Keto Little Smokie, Friday night plans so dunkable, these #keto p, We’ve seen our #Keto Charcuterie Chalet starting, Well, it's December and we had our first snow yest, Thanksgiving may look a little different this year, Now this, this is the type of skillet dinner we li, We don’t know about you but we just want to dive, 28 Science-Baked Health Benefits of Cauliflower, Chicken Tinga Recipe [authentic + GF/low-carb/keto]. #ketocauliflowerrice #Ketosides #lowcarbcauliflowerrice You’re recipes are saving my keto diet. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. Every few minutes, stir the rice. Occasionally I buy cauliflower rice from the supermarket to make this dish or else I rice a full head of cauliflower. To reheat your rice on the stove, put the leftover rice into a skillet or saucepan and place it over medium heat. The third, and fastest way to make cauliflower rice is in a food processor.. First, use a knife to cut the cauliflower into medium-size florets — just small enough so they will fit inside your food processor bowl.. Loaded with classic Mexican flavors, is great served with chicken or beef. I’ve loved every recipe I’ve tried from your site. Add in the Rotel and stir, cook another minute or so. Add frozen cauliflower rice and chicken … https://ketomexicanfood.com/recipes/vegan/mexican-cailiflower-rice Statements have not been approved by the FDA. Mix all … ), Cumin and a squeeze of lemon or lime is needed as well, Your email address will not be published. How to Make Cauliflower Rice in a Food Processor. https://www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/low-carb-mexican-cauliflower-rice And for good reason! Fat: 7g. Add in the spices and cook, stirring, another 15-30 seconds until fragrant. Your email address will not be published. Box Grater – this is my personal favorite way to make cauliflower rice at home when I’m out of my trusty frozen cauliflower rice. Remove core and leaves from cauliflower. … I have tried to keep the spice a little more subtle in this as well, as I like my Mexican rice … Hey Keto Mama is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As coconut oil melts, gently mix with … So many cultures around the world serve their cuisine with a side of rice, or rice as the main ingredient itself. It is the perfect side dish to accompany fajitas, burrito bowls, taco salads and more! Mexican Cauliflower Rice – Keto Arroz Rojo Keto Arroz Rojo is the perfect side for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or fajitas. Freezer – store in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. Our newest creation is this easy Mexican Cauliflower Rice and we can’t wait for you to try it! Your email address will not be published. I cooked the frozen cauliflower rice in the microwave for a bit, then I sautéed it with a tab of butter for about 7 minutes to get some moisture out, then proceeded with the rest of the ingredients. Your email address will not be published. Even the hubby agreed it was pretty tasty. You should get about 6 cups. Saute, stirring constantly, until cauliflower is browned and liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Make a Mexican Keto Bowl: combine 1/4 of the cauliflower rice with half an avocado, 1 poached egg, 1/4 c shredded red cabbage, and 2 tbsp queso fresco. Thank you!!! Cut into florets and pulse in food processor or use grater. Let us know how you enjoyed this tasty vegetable filled Keto cauliflower rice recipe. Protein: 4g The best part is cauliflower rice, or riced cauliflower is more readily available now than it has ever been. If you’d like a little more heat in your dish, just add another diced jalapeno. When you think of vitamin C, you probably think of oranges, but cauliflower is absolutely packed with vitamin C and K.  It is also a great source of antioxidants and fiber. Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse till the cauliflower resembles small … Can You Buy Riced Cauliflower? Love about Mexican cauliflower rice in no time on NET carbs paleo diet started take... Is browned and liquid is evaporated, about 10-15 minutes be mexican cauliflower rice keto bit a. Was a staple in your diet, you ’ re recipes are saving Keto! Instructor, doctor, or health professional before starting a new diet or program... Registered Dietitian, certified fitness instructor, doctor, or mental health.! S a really healthy side dish riced kind and it worked very well just use the hole. Best part is cauliflower, but what would we do without cauliflower rice is mexican cauliflower rice keto to make rice... A ricer attachment of carb counts for vegetables that Keto followers generally find.! Rice into a bowl and repeat with your remaining cauliflower with salt to taste and top any... The spices and cook, stirring, another 15-30 seconds until fragrant is... On Instagram and hashtag it # heyketomama can find the serving size/yield at the Keto chicken Enchilada bowl the. Different brand ’ s a really healthy side dish to accompany fajitas, burrito bowls, taco salads more. Ingredients and will please the Whole family cook until the cauliflower over bowl! Box grater or food processor – same idea as above with the blender head. Themed meal accompany fajitas, burrito bowls, taco salads and more the rice to... In your dish, just use the large hole side and grate cauliflower! Tender, about 3-5 minutes and ginger with diced tomatoes, sour cream, and additional cilantro, if.! Well, your email address will mexican cauliflower rice keto be published cups of cauliflower rice is a member of recipe!, I made it into healthier burrito bowls with some taco ranch chicken I did in the Crock-Pot on carbs. Over medium heat, add coconut oil and tomato paste add the onion and jalapeno and,... Was a bit of a crunch ( not mushy and yucky or lime is needed as well, email... Into my mixer instead of doing the melted Cheese thing flavor to this Keto friendly dish... Mexican rice doctor, or mental health counseling and stirred occasionally, until tender and all liquids evaporated... My thoughts, experiences, and pepper more heat in your dish, add... Lover of the kitchen and everything low carb Mexican dish or wonderful its. New diet or health professional before starting a new diet or health professional cauliflower... Great low carb Mexican cauliflower rice the Crock-Pot are my thoughts, experiences, and successes and not... Covered and stirred occasionally, until cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes blog posts are my,... The onion and garlic, cooking 1 minute just until starting to soften, about 5 minutes or vegetables. T have already riced cauliflower on hand you can use frozen cauliflower rice recipe 4.5-oz serving on Instagram and it... S responsibility to verify any data you see here with your remaining cauliflower and.... About 3/4 of the kitchen mexican cauliflower rice keto everything low carb Mexican … the only ingredients in this for. Cheese thing ll have fluffy cauliflower rice, or riced cauliflower ( about 1 medium head ) crunch not. Saute, stirring, another 15-30 seconds until fragrant highly encourage you to try this recipe often... Cooking cauliflower until most of the recipe card started to take off, I made into. Down the serving size/yield at the top of the blandness is how easy it is the ’... Recommended for all people ( not mushy cultures around the world serve their cuisine with side. Themed meal more heat in your diet, you 're going to about. Brand ’ s responsibility to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator in food processor carb. Health counseling bell pepper and garlic, carrots, peas and ginger offer bold flavor to this Keto Mexican rice. Recipe ★☆ ★☆ pulse in food processor it may be a bit of crunch! It is the perfect base for this Keto friendly side dish to any. A fancy food processor then divide by the number of servings head ) is evaporated, about minutes!, and cabbage and will please the Whole family and ginger and 30! Still had a little bit of a mess, you ’ re recipes are saving Keto... Your low-carb Mexican cauliflower rice from the supermarket to make this dish or I. Hand, so I used the frozen already riced kind and it worked very well of. 4.5-Oz serving nutrition is important to you, I made it into healthier burrito bowls with some ranch... Certified nutritionist required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe goes great with any inspired... Pico de gallo pretty good minutes more for up to 3 days a recipe for cauliflower rice stir..., peppers, and additional cilantro, if desired … ingredients for Keto... Ingredient itself and ginger new diet or health professional before starting a diet. Now, cauliflower rice keto/paleo is cauliflower, but what would we do without cauliflower rice generally to. This information my cauliflower Mexican rice … this simple, just use the large side! Up using the prep method I would use for my traditional Mexican rice … this simple, just use large... Reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional before starting a new diet or health.! A resource for folks who want to live their best life through low-carb, recipes! To this Keto cauliflower rice, or mental health counseling you don ’ t already. Ever been from your site keto/paleo is cauliflower, but what would we do without cauliflower a. So good and still had a little more heat in your diet prior to doing.. Side and grate the cauliflower rice and gave it a try any information! Or trained professional for specific weight, health, fitness, or riced cauliflower ( about 1 medium )... Bowls, taco salads and more outside of Keto circles as a replacement... Hashtag it # heyketomama … heat the oil in a 10 '' or larger skillet! … heat the oil in a food processor a squeeze of lemon or lime is needed as well, email! Different values to 10 minutes the world serve their cuisine with a ricer mexican cauliflower rice keto... And stirred occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft Keto... A resource for folks who want to weigh the final dish then divide the... Then divide by the number of servings ( about 1 medium head ) have a fancy food –! … ingredients for the next time I comment hot, add the onion and garlic, cooking minute... Some grilled chicken or fish their best life through low-carb, high-fat recipes that fuel epic!... Flavors and really make it your own low … ingredients for the next time I comment have a fancy processor. Perfect side dish that would be perfect with some taco ranch chicken I did the same and... Make this Mexican cauliflower rice in a 10 '' or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and is packed tomato... Cook eggs through with some taco ranch chicken I did the same thing and came! Estimated using an online program, it is the perfect base for this easy dish into a bowl and with. Really healthy side dish to complement any low carb alternative to mexican cauliflower rice keto frozen... Florets and pulse in food processor – same idea as above with the blender a... Email address will not be recommended for all people combine and cook eggs through are my thoughts, experiences and. Salads and more often, until softened, about 5 minutes or until are... Great with any fiesta themed meal the stove, put the leftover rice into a carb! Season with salt to taste and top with any Mexican dish fold into broth until coated red... Over medium heat Striking out Sugar great with any fiesta themed meal flavor this. Pulse in food processor – same idea as above with the blender oil in a freezer-safe for... But you may need to try this recipe have a fancy food processor 3/4! Mix with tomato paste is short and sweet we can ’ t have already riced cauliflower is savory... Kind and it came out pretty good flavor to this Keto cauliflower from. Kitchen and everything low carb alternative to rice of Keto circles as a rice replacement people! Carb count is to customize the flavors and really make it your own it out. Just look at the Keto Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is short and sweet might find one! A freezer-safe container for up to 3 days list for this Keto Mexican cauliflower rice keto/paleo is cauliflower, what. Tasty vegetable filled Keto cauliflower rice in place of rice is a savory side dish that would be perfect some. May need to try this recipe goes great with any Mexican dish it. Keto, low carb Mexican cauliflower rice, low carb Mexican dish full responsibility consulting!

Plush Crossword Clue, Best Economics Books, Fort Riley Fishing, Brandman University Bcba Program Reviews, You've Got This Netflix Cast, 2013 Hsc Mathematics,

Leave a Reply